jump to navigation

Antiques > Fenton glassware November 26, 2006

Posted by grhomeboy in Antiques.

Could you please describe the difference between “crimped” and “double-crimped” Fenton glassware?

A crimped Fenton bowl is one that is ruffled evenly all around. The ruffles, or crimps, were made with a special hand tool. A bowl that is double-crimped has these same even ruffles, but is also shaped with another hand tool that makes larger, uneven crimps around the edge.

%d bloggers like this: